miercuri, 27 ianuarie 2016

Welcome To Romania Urban Decay! and my current favourite UD palettes

Oh how long have I waited to give this wonderful news to you, my lovely readears : finally Urban Decay the world-famous make-up brand is coming to Romania, exclusively at Sephora. Urban Decay is Beauty With An Edge. Feminine, dangerous and fun, it appeals to women who enjoy their individuality and dare to express it.
The story of the brand began 20 years ago when Sandy Lerner decided to create her own make-up products and colours since the make-up industry at the time failed to satisfy her need for bold colours and textures. Sandy's business manager, David Soward, introduced her to fellow visionary Wende Zomnir, a creative businesswoman (and makeup addict) and together decided that it was time for a change. Sandy, David and Wende launched Urban Decay in January 1996 with a line of 10 lipsticks and 12 nail polishes. Inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape, they were given groundbreaking names like Roach, Smog, Rust, Oil Slick and Acid Rain (a revolution in itself), aiming to create alternatives to the current make-up trends and colours.
I don't think there is a make-up lover that hasn't heard of the cult Naked make-up pallettes. Millions of ladies all around the world adore them, use them for their daily make-up looks, for work, for special aniversaries, in all the important moments of their lives. I have heard for the first time of Urban Decay, some years ago when I was only a beauty blog reader (and still am!), from one of my favourite British beauty bloggers, I saw the Naked palette, the swatches, the make-up looks and I was hooked! I had to order it from an online UK beauty store and to wait for it for about a month, but it was definitely worth the wait! 
I currently own three Urban Decay make-up palettes and I love them all dearly. I have to play with them more, but I can share with you my impressions on them. Firstly, the Naked palette (the first to be lauched by UD, causing a world-wide hysteria among the nude-coloured lovers) is a versatile palette with both matte and shimmery eyeshadows to suit all tastes. It has a wide variety of shades from discrete, barely-there nudes to bold, dark evening eyeshadows. It's a perfect palette to carry when going on a longer voyage, since it can pull of a large variety of make-up looks.
The second Urban Decay palette I own it the Naked 3 (rose based eyeshadows). I think you know by now how much I love my pinks (on the lips and eyes). When I saw this palette in the online stores I knew I had to have it! Again it contains a very good variety of eyeshadows, from light, discrete pinks to darker-greyish shades. What I like most at the Urban Decay eyeshadows is the fact that they are very pigmented (with very few exceptions), and they wear and blend well on the eyelids. Yes they have a little fall-out but which eyeshadow doesn't ? It is very easy to work with them and as you can see below they look barely touched (since they are pigmented and I don't like strong eyeshadows in my daily looks, I don't abuse them too much).
The third Urban Decay palette is a sentimental purchase - it is my Alice in Wonderland eyeshadow palette. Of course I bought it for the story it portrays! I love the book and its quirky, fun, mysterious characters, so when I saw it, it was screaming at me 'Buy me! Buy me!'. I just couldn't resist! Just look at it!
As you can see it's a gorgeously packaged palette! I adore it! On the top there's the lid that flips open and reveals maybe one of the most famous scenes from the book - the one in which Alice drinks the magic lotion that makes her shrink in a dwarf shape.
Below there is a hidden drawer which pulls open to reveal the wonderfully coloured eyeshadows of the palette. I love the fact that all of them are named from the characters of the book and there is a good mixture of nudes and strong, bold colours. As per usual, the eyeshadows are very pigmented, very easy to work with and blend. I will definitely be back with in-depth reviews and make-up looks featuring these eyeshadow palettes.

What can you try from Urban Decay ? 

Needless to say all the Naked eyeshadow palettes (Naked Basics included), the 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencils (long-lasting and very pigmented), the Eyeshadow Primer Potion (I had it,very good and efficient, kept the eyeshadows on my very oily lids all day long), personally I want to try the All Nighter Long-Lasting Make-up Setting Spray, the Perversion mascara, the Revolution lipsticks, the Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup foundation and the list goes on and on ...What can I say? I'm a make-up junkie. I have to try them all! So if you are interested in knowing what Urban Decay is all about check them out in the Sephora stores! I definitely will! Until next time, love M














2 comments:

  1. OMG....splendid...i love the colours. I must try them. Thanks Monica. Cld

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Yes, the colours are simply gorgeous! Very pigmented, I love them! Kisses!

    RăspundețiȘtergere

I would love to hear from you