marți, 1 decembrie 2015

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (refill) - review

Another product I have finished and I'm heartbroken to let go. It is by far one of the best shower oils I have ever tried. One of the cult products of the L'Occitane brand, well loved and very expensive. You guessed : it is L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (refill). I bought it a while ago at an offer : if I bought the normal full size of one shower gel and the refill in any other showel gels, the amount paid was cheaper than in the full size. Of course I bought my beloved Verbena Shower Gel in full size (I adore it, it's perfect for the hot summer days - review soon) and I bought the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil in refill to try. I was curious to see what was the hype about and if indeed it was worth the money. 
This Almond Shower Oil Refill transforms, when in contact with water,  into a lavish, softening foam - original and unique in texture - that leaves a satin-like softness all over the body. Enriched with almond oil, it respects the hydrolipidic film and leaves a subtle and mouthwatering scent of fresh almond, for a delightful skin!

“The richest of oils which cleverly lathers up when it meets the water and the gorgeous almond scent is instantly calming after a hectic day.” - Cassie Steer, Beauty Writer, Marie Claire.
It comes in a 500 ml/16.9 oz refill and has a valability of 12 months. It has a sweet, lush, lovely scent of almonds that makes you feel good, pampered and gives you comfort in a cold day. The scent lasts for 5-6 hours on my skin and in the bathroom. I love it!

The texture is honey-like, thick and not runny at all. You only need a small amount to use since it is so thick and concentrated (very money-saving since it will last you for a very long time, you'll get bored with it).

In contact with water, it transforms indeed into a sweet smelling foam you can lather easily over your entire body. It gently and efficiently cleanse the skin, leaving it clean, perfumed and moisturized. I didn't feel the need to apply a moisturizing body cream afterwards (I have normal skin, probably for a drier skin a body butter may come in handy). I didn't have any skin reactions to it, like reddening of the skin or itching.

You can find it in all L'Occitane en Provence stores and online at the price of 109 ron /50 dollars (the product in full size 500 ml is 138 ron). Fortunately you can try it before buying it in full size, there are small travel size versions in all products, which I think is great, especially in an expensive product. There is a 75 ml bottle at the price of 35 ron.

What can I say ? That I adore it, especially in the colder seasons. I feel pampered when I use it, I can imagine myself in an expensive SPA. It is indeed a great shower oil, it cleans well the skin and also keeps it moisturized. Yes it is expensive but it is also very concentrated. You only need a small amount for every use so it will last you for a long time. The only downside is the price, therefore I give it the -A grade. I will definitely buy it again, when I find a good offer. I need a little pampering once in a while. Tell me Have you tried it ? Is it worth the money for you ? Until next time ,





0 comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu

I would love to hear from you