miercuri, 9 decembrie 2015

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm - review

In the colder season my lips get very dry, dehydrated and they crack and even bleed. And I try to keep them covered in lip balms all the time but it's no use. The ones I have previously tried simply didn't cope with the cold. I was in trouble. Until I met the best lip balm yet :  Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm from Elizabeth Arden.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm. An Intensive Lip Repair Balm which gives the lips a long-lasting moisture that immediately soothes lips and helps strengthen the lips’ delicate moisture barrier.

92% of women experienced moisture even after 8 hours. The best way to prevent dry, flaky lips is to strengthen their moisture barrier so they can hold hydration more effectively. This rich formula helps strengthen your lips’ delicate moisture barrier while delivering intense, long-lasting moisture that immediately soothes lips. Leaves lips healthier-looking and more beautiful than ever. Packaged in a portable jar with a twist off lid, Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm gives your lips a subtle sheen and a refreshing eucalyptus-based fragrance.  elizabetharden.com
There are some special key ingredients that make this lip balm so efficient. These are :
Petrolatum, Shea Butter, Palm Tree Butter, Essential Fatty Acids complex and Honey Extract - emollients to seal in moisture to smooth and soften lips.
Petrolatum and Arnica Flower Oil - helps heal dry, chapped lips and create a protective film to protect against future damage.
Vitamins A & E - Vitamin A is known to firm the look of skin.
Menthol and Menthol lactate - cooling agents provide immediate soothing relief.
Cardiospermum Halicacabum - botanical extract which helps soothe and calm skin.
Directions for use : Apply liberally at bedtime or as needed.
It comes in a 10 gr./35 oz. glass jar and has a valability of 36 months. I don't really like the jar packaging; it is not very hygienic since you have to open it all the time and stick your fingers inside to scoop the lip balm. I would have prefered a squeezy tube. If you want to keep the hygiene, you can use a small spatula (for example a wooden or a plastic one from the ice cream or the coffee stiring ones) to take the lip balm out of the jar.
It has a thicker texture than normal in a lip balm but I love it in the winter time. It is very moisturizing. I keep it at my bedside table and apply it liberally onto the lips. I go to sleep and in the morning my lips are hydrated and smooth! If my lips are very cracked, I use it several times a day and in a few days time the lips are repaired and smooth. Love it!

It has indeed a slight menthol scent and taste but it is quite discrete and it doesn't bother me at all.
You can find it in selected stores (Kendra) and online at the price of  60 ron/23 dollars.

All in all, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm is the best lip balm I have ever tried so far! I especially love it in the winter time since it is the only one which can cope with the effects of the cold on my lips. It also has a good price for its size. It can last you for a long time and it is very effective. I love it! If you have dry, chapped lips give it a try! Tell me Have you tried Elizabeth Arden products ? What are your impressions ? Until next time,

0 comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu

I would love to hear from you