joi, 27 noiembrie 2014

Holiday Traditions Tag

Since the holiday season is fast approaching and here in Romania we love festivity and we keep the customs and traditions alive for the holidays, I thought I would do a holiday-themed tag :      
The Holiday Traditions Tag 


1. Favorite holiday destination? 
Actually, here in Romania the majority of the people prefer to spend Christmas in the family at home and the New Years Eve with friends in restaurants, clubs or other destinations. So yeah, I love to spend Christmas with my lovely family and enjoy every second of it! I adore Christmas! 

2. Any family traditions?
We put up and decorate the tree together and sometimes we sing traditional carols too. Some of the most loved ones are: Domn, domn sa-naltam, Trei pastori, O ce veste minunata, Sus la poarta raiului, Trei crai de la Rasarit and many others. Some of the best known carol singers are Stefan Hrusca, Tudor Gheorghe, Fuego, the Madrigal choir and many others. You can look them up on Youtube if you want to.

3. Favorite ornament of decoration?
My shining golden angel that we put on top of the Christmas tree. I started a tradition myself to buy every year one very special ornament. This year I am still searching for it ..
4. What are you doing for the holidays?
During the holidays it's all about time with the family, we decorate the Christmas tree and the house together, we sing carols, we prepare the traditional food for Christmas. It's all abot enjoying every moment together with the loved ones and sharing the love!

5.Are you a late or early Christmas shopper?

I am a very early Christmas shopper. I love to give and to receive presents! It's another expression of love that can be done outside the holidays too! It's never too much to say you love someone or to give him/her a present as a sign of appreciation!I like to plan in detail what I am going to buy and to whom. Of course I do serious research beforehand! I like my presents to be used and really appreciated, I like to give useful presents or things I know for sure that the person wants. It makes the gift giving even more fun!!

6. Who usually cooks holiday dinners?

I have to admit I don't really cook, firstly I don't have the time and secondly I don't really enjoy it that much! For me it's something that must be done like cleaning or washing. So my mother does the cooking and she does it so well! Our Christmas specialities are the best! Which is a good thing or a bad thing...for my weight...

7. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?

Yes, when I was little, I used to go with other children carol all the neighbors. It was so fun and rewarding!

8. Do you live where it snows?
Yes, it usually snows in winter in Bucharest and a Christmas without snow is so wrong!! I love to see the snow from my window on the Chrismas morning when we come downstairs to open our presents! It's one of my favourite moments from the holidays : to see the faces of my loved ones when they open their presents! They rejoice like small children!! I love it!!!

9. One thing that makes you happiest at Christmas?
Being with my entire family and friends and enjoying the holidays together.
10. What do you want most for Christmas?
To be happy! To enjoy every moment with my loved ones! To feel and share the love! This is a song that always gets me in the mood for Christmas:
      Happy Holidays!!

0 comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu

I would love to hear from you